Other companies call you a "Specialist".
We believe you are much more special than that.
At Katakem, our mission is to help your peers - chemists - make the future faster.
As a Chemist-in-Residence, you are a key part of achieving this mission: you will be responsible for helping them make the most out of OnePot.
Your personal mission will be to assist both R&D engineers and customers with system qualification (installation, operation, and performance), product testing, system maintenance, and customer training.
You will also be engaged in the development of customized chemical processes using our technology.
You will work both in your lab in Catanzaro and on-site at customer sites. This means you'll be traveling quite often.
The lab is already filled with the standard equipment of a chemistry lab, but we're open to investing in new tools when the clear value of the project is explained.
- Learning the basics of the Matrix-in-Bach technology, how to operate OnePot reactors, and how to maintain and service its components;
- Performing product testing for customers or in support of product development and sales;
- Conducting process design and/or testing on customer samples;
- Installing and testing OnePots;
- Providing help desk, troubleshooting support, and technical support to customers both in person or remotely.
You will use your experience to introduce innovative solutions as well as a different point of view to improve what has already been developed.
A nice and sociable person with the following essential requirements will have the opportunity to grow with us:
- Ph.D. in synthetic chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, materials chemistry, or three years of synthetic laboratory hands-on experience;
- Knowledge and experience with modern analytical chemistry instrumentation;
- Ability to develop a Scientific Plan managing documentation and reports;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop a complex project involving different knowledge.
Nice to have
- Basic knowledge of data system and software;
- Hands-on experience in maintaining scientific instrumentation
- Manage the warehouse
- Passion for automation
- Good empathy and communication skills
What we offer
We do not have an in-house gym or breakfast offered each morning (yet) as we are still starting out.
But we are growing fast: if you join us now, you will have a say on what benefits we adopt, how we organize office spaces, etc.
We offer an inspiring environment, freedom to challenge your ideas, and clear objectives for the team and yourself.
The starting salary is commensurate with your experience and will increase as you meet your goals and the value you bring to your team grows.
Who we are
Every day a research chemist wakes up and knows they will work with the same instruments as Natta and Curie.
On the one hand, this is very romantic; on the other, very frustrating: can you believe that only three times out of ten, a researcher is able to replicate their own experiments? And the percentage drops to 13% for someone else's experiments (source Nature).
At Katakem, we consider chemists heroes and work to help them become superheroes.
We invented a robot to automate their manual work, which causes mental fatigue and errors, to unleash their full potential.
Katakem was founded in 2019, we are supported by Berkeley Skydeck and LendLease in our growth path, and we were selected as one of the best 200 startups in the world by TechCrunch Disrupt in 2022.
The founding team has solid experience in this sector:
Manuela holds a Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Science. She is currently an Associate Professor of Chemistry at UMG, where she studies new ways to make chemistry more sustainable.
Marco holds a PhD. in Materials Science and worked as a researcher at IIT, KAUST, UMG, and SISSA.
Loading application form